Thursday, January 10, 2013

Jesus and Moses Playing Golf

Jesus and Moses are out playing a round of golf one day. Moses expresses doubt Jesus can clear a water hazard from the tee. Jesus says simply:

--"I've seen Arnold Palmer make this shot, and if Arnold Palmer can do it so can I."

Moses rolls his eyes as the ball splashes into the water. He parts the water for Jesus, who walks in to retrieve his ball. Jesus sets up to try the shot again, as Moses objects, saying:

--"I've seen Arnold Palmer do it, and if he can do it so can I."

His ball ends up in the hazard again, Moses parts the water, and Jesus retrieves it. Exasperated, Moses says to Jesus:

--"Try again if you like, but I'm not parting the water for you again."

Jesus tees up again and says:

--"I've seen Arnold Palmer make this shot, and if Arnold Palmer can do it so can I."

Once again his ball goes in the drink, but without Moses to help, Jesus walks on the water to retrieve it. Just then a group of golfers comes up behind Moses and sees Jesus walking on the water.

--"Holy Cow!" one of them said to Moses. "Who does that guy think he is, Jesus Christ?"

--"No," said Moses, rolling his eyes. "He is Jesus Christ, but he thinks he's Arnold Palmer."

No comments: