The energy, size of the crowd, and number of poets rhyming (like Sam Hewitt, Geoff's nephew) were all good last year, so I thought I'd give it another try.
In the first round, I read from my recent poems (all searchable at this blog):
- "That Green Roof" life (4.17.16)
- "Life's a Country Song" life (3.11.16)
- "Impossible Dreams" life (3.11.16)
- "A Little Elf" life (3.11.16)
- "Fasten Your Belt" love (2.5.16)
- "You Beat Beatrice and Laura" love (2.1.16)
- "Greatest Unsolved Mystery" love (1.23.16)
For the second round, I read:
The first poem in the second round I read: 1) because we had a poetess with the last name Frost reciting with us; 2) I'd forgotten to read it at the Northeast Storytellers Robert Frost memorial event the week before; and, 3) I'd submitted the poem to PSOV's The Mountain Troubadour last year (without luck).
The last two I read as examples of my sentence poems.