Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"Where is the Sun going?"


In sitting with a highly-intelligent scientist/lawyer friend of mine recently, I posed question 3) sub-point below to him. I added 3) to my list later--they seem related, but not fully inclusive.

My list of the big unanswered questions:

  1. How were we created?

  2. How are fossils formed?

  3. Where does intelligence come from?
    • How does instinct work?

  4. Where is the Sun going?

I opened up with mine after he hit my with the last one. We've been taught from youth that the Sun is just sitting there while we swirl around it. Not so.

I believe scientists do not pursue these questions out of fear of the potential answers. They fear our world--at least our entire understanding of it--would crack up if we remained in an eternal quest for answers.

Because they are natural scientists they halt the eternal quest for answers; because they halt the eternal quest for answers they are not true scientists.
My friend believes scientists don't answer them because they are outside the limit of their skills.

Whose skills will it take?

No comments: