Sunday, November 12, 2017

Muhammad Ali After Beating the "Unbeatable" George Foreman

"Everybody stop talking now, I tell ya. . I told you, all of my critics, I told you all that I was the greatest of all time . . Now just listen . . I told you today, I'm still the greatest of all time . . never again defeat me . . never again say that I'm going to be defeated . . never again bet and make me an underdog, until I'm about 50 years old. Then you might get me. But I didn't dance, I didn't dance for a reason. I wanted to make him lose all his power, I kept tellin' he had no punch, he couldn't hit, he swang like a sissy, he's missin', let me see you box, I hadn't start dancin' yet! You can't say my legs are gone, you can't say I was tired, because what happened? I didn't dance from the second round on. I stayed on the ropes. When I stay on the ropes, you think I'm doin' bad. But I want all boxers to put this in the page of boxing: staying on ropes is a beautiful thing with a heavyweight when you make him shoot his best shot, and you know he's not hittin' ya. I would've gave George Foreman two rounds of steady punchin', because after that he was mine."


No comments: