Saturday, February 28, 2015

Responses to Questions About Freelancing as a Writer

QUESTION 1:

Don’t you ever worry about where your next paycheck is coming from?
My response:
Actually, worry more about the important things, like the merits of the serial comma.

QUESTION 3:

Doesn’t it suck that you’re always floating ideas for approval?
My response:
Not nearly as much as waiting for your boss to OK your expenditure on paper clips.

QUESTION 5:

What are you going to do when that magazine you write for goes out of business?
My response:
Gee, it never occurred to me that a thriving business could be mismanaged or find itself in the throes of shifting markets. 

QUESTION 8:

What is it like to not have a boss?
My response:
I have several bosses and am trying to find more every day.

QUESTION 9:

Don’t you ever fantasize about what it would be like to have a real job?
My response:
Most all of my fantasies involve deserted islands. None involves work.

QUESTION 10:

Do you think I could make it as a freelancer?
My response:
You've certainly got the querying part down pat.

No comments: